
One of the aims of this website was to provide a contact point and information to new or potential home educators in the area. To this end, I have created a little "button" image which, when clicked, will lead to the SWHEN website home page.
It would be great if you could add this button to your blogs or websites, so that anyone who needs information can find it. This is a little guide into how to add a button image to your blog, in case you haven't done it before.
- First you need to save a copy of the button to your computer. In Windows this means "right-click" on the image, and select Save image as...
- Choose a place to save it that you'll be able to find - such as Desktop, give it a name (if it's not already called swhen.jpg) then click Save.
- Sign in to your blog and click on Customise or Layout, and you will see a template of how your blog page looks.
- Click on Add a gadget and choose Picture.
- Click in the Link box next to http://, and type swhomeeducation.googlepages.com
- Click on the Browse button, and find the swhen.jpg file you saved earlier. Click Open.
- When you see the picture appear, click Save and you're done.
The Crafty Crow (an excellent art and craft ideas site) has a useful tutorial on adding a button to Typepad and Wordpress blogs. You'll need to replace the image name and website name with the SWHEN image and website, as above.
If you are struggling, contact me on the SWHEN list, or via the contact page, and I'll try to help.
I look forward to stumbling across the button in my travels :-)
2 comments:
I used your tutorial, It has worked great! It is on my blog in between 'Blogs I like' and 'Labels' :-D I love your picture choice and think it looks great on my blog!Thank you!
Heather.
Glad it worked! It looks great. The picture was from a brilliant time in a park in Caerphilly. We'd spent the afternoon keeping dry while cleaning a river, only to get soaked in the water park :-D
Post a Comment